The City Council of Barcelona has launched the Extraordinary Fund for occasional social emergency aid for families in Barcelona with children and adolescents from 0 to 16 years old. We tell you in what consisiten and how to access them.
If you are going through a difficult economic situation you are looking for all the help that may be useful. The social services and other agencies Officials are in charge of managing the most specific aid for situations of urgent need.
If you live in Barcelona it may be interesting to know that there are specific aid for families with children and adolescents under their care. We explain what they are and what you can do to request them.
If you reside in another city or autonomous community, you may be interested in Family support of € 430, the aids available for single-parent families, some of benefits for dependent children waves help for single mothers.
The City Council of Barcelona has launched the extraordinary fund for occasional social emergency aid for families in Barcelona with children and adolescents from 0 to 16 years old.
Link of interest: All the available aids in Barcelona
The objective of these aids is to help minimize the situations of vulnerability of those families who are in charge of children and / or adolescents between 0 and 16 years of age and who are in a situation of need.
Beneficiaries can ask for help: parents, mothers or legal guardians of children and / or adolescents from 0 to 16 years old.
This benefit is intended to ensure that the economic situation of the family unit allows them to cover basic subsistence needs.
These grants are granted for a maximum of eight months, and may be charged from May to December 2019. Usually, the monthly amounts are:
- In the case of families with a child the help is 100 euros per month per child and / or adolescent from 0 to 16 years old.
- In the case of families with two or more children they will receive 175 euros / month and from the third and subsequent children, we must add 50 euros / month more per child (225 euros / month, 275 euros / month, etc.).
- In the case of single-parent families that have the 0-16 Fund approved in the 2019 call, a supplementary aid of 100 euros / month / family will be added (up to a maximum of 800 euros).
Requirements for these emergency aid
In order to benefit from this help, you have to have a record in social services prior to December 2018. That is, the need situation must be accredited, and with prior intervention by the social services of Barcelona.
In addition to this, the following requirements must be met:
- That the income of the family unit do not exceed 1.5 times the IRSC. The calculation is made by dividing the annual income level by the annual amount of the IRSC, which is currently 7,967.73.
Thus, according to the calculations, the maximum annual gross income according to members of the family unit would be:
- 2 members: 11,951.60
- 3 members: € 14,939.49
- 4 members: € 17,927.39
- 5 members: € 20,915.29
- 6 members: € 23,903.29
- 7 members: € 26,891.09
- 8 members: € 29,878.99
- 9 members: € 32,866.89
- 10 members: € 35,854.79
- 11 members: € 38,842.68
- 12 members or more € 41,830.58
- Must be registered, the entire beneficiary family unit and uninterruptedly in Barcelona, from December 31 to December 31, 2019, and there must have been effective coexistence of all throughout the 2018
- The person or persons requesting the assistance must exercise guardianship and custody of all children and / or adolescents included in the application, and these can not exceed 18 years of age. If they are complied with throughout the year, the proportional part of the expired month will be paid.
The granting of this aid is voluntary and eventual, and does not generate any right to obtain other aid in subsequent years.
It is also allowed to make this feature compatible with any other. Of course, there will be verification by Social Services to what the aid has been allocated to guarantee honesty in its use.
The presentation of the application can be done telematically or in person. In the event that it is done in person, it is recommended to make an appointment.
To be able to request it, you must present the following documentation:
- The application duly completed with all the data and signed.
- Photocopy of the identification document of the applicant: DNI, NIE or passport.
Although these documents are general for all, according to the particularities of the family unit, other added documentation must be presented:
- For single-parent families, photocopy of the title of single-parent family of all members of the family unit (parent + children / adolescents in charge). In this case, this situation must be accredited either with the single-parent family card, or with the family book in the case of a single mother, certificate of separation, divorce or death as the case may be, or sentence of gender violence, if any.
- At case that the person filing the application is not the parent, you must attach a photocopy of the certification of the official body that has granted the guard.
- Let's not forget that one of the elements of valuation of our right to aid is the income threshold. To this end, the statement of income of the corresponding year. In the case of not having an obligation to present it, the City Council of Barcelona must be authorized to verify the data.
We recommend that for any questions regarding requirements or requests, go to social services in the area or check the website with all the information.
Link of interest: Other grants from the Generalitat de Catalunya
For this reason, it is recommended that the beneficiaries keep the supporting documents supporting the use of the aid until December 31, 2020.