If your family has the recognition of a large family you can take the Social Bonus. This bonus consists of a government help to cope with electricity and gas expenses. Because we all know that any saving aid is good, let's see what the social bonus for large families consists of, what are the requirements and what procedures must be carried out to request it.
As stated in the website of the Government of Spain, The social electricity bonus is a discount on the electric bill. The amount of the discount varies between 25% and 50% depending on the situations of the consumers.
Specific, large families receive a 25% discount about the total consumption made, but later we will see other situations that may increase this discount.
The social bond was launched on July 1, 2009 and was created by the Government to protect vulnerable consumers, in accordance with article 45 of Law 24/2013, of December 26, of the Electricity Sector.
Royal Decree 897/2017, of October 6, regulates the figure of the vulnerable consumer, the social bonus and other protection measures for domestic consumers of electricity. Here it refers to various types of consumers, among them, large families.
Link of interest: Grants for large families
Conditions of the Large Family
Recall that to have the status of large family have to meet any of the following situations:
- One or two ascendants with three or more children, whether or not they are common, in their charge.
- One or two ascendants with two children (common or not), and at least one of the children with disabilities or incapacitated to work.
- Two ascendants with two children (common or not), when the parents have disabilities or are unable to work, or at least one of them with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 65%.
- The father or mother separated or divorced with three or more children, common or not, although they are in different family units, if they are under their economic dependence, even if they do not live in the marital home.
- Two orphaned brothers of father and mother, subject to guardianship, fostering or guardianship, without being at the expense of the guardian, welcoming or guardian.
- Three or more brothers who are orphans of a father and mother over the age of 18 or two, if one has a disability, who live together and are economically dependent on each other.
- The father or the mother with two children, when the other parent has passed away.
The first thing we need is to be holders of a power supply contract in the habitual residence in which the large family resides. You have to have contracted the so-called voluntary price for the small consumer (PVPC).
This special rate refers to what is paid for the electricity consumed is directly the price of the energy that results from the market, plus taxes and tolls, without including other products or additional services. To contract the PVPC you have a contracted power equal to or less than 10kW.
Earlier we noted that large families have a 25% discount on the bill. In this case, no review of the rent is made as in other circumstances, since the discount is applied for the special family circumstance.
But if in addition the family unit receives an annual income less than two times the IPREM distributed in 14 payments (approximately 15,300 euros in 2019) will be considered a severe vulnerable consumer that will result in a discount of 40%. Since large families do not have to prove their income in order to benefit from the social bonus, they must provide income level information or authorize access if they want to be evaluated to see if they meet as a severe vulnerable consumer.
happen to have the consideration of family in
situation of risk of social exclusion accredited by social services. Is
situation will allow that you can finance up to 50% of the cost of the invoice
and if payment is impossible, the supply can not be interrupted
To qualify for this discount there is an annual consumption limit that must not be exceeded, and that for large families is 4,140 kWh per year and 345 kWh per month.
The social bonus in the case of large families does not have to be renewed. Of course, if the circumstance that gives rise to the large family changes, yes that must be reported to the electricity supplier to make the relevant changes.
- Be holders of a power supply contract in the habitual residence in which the large family resides.
- Have contracted the voluntary price for the small consumer (PVPC).
- The concession of a large family (the discount can be extended in cases of consideration of severe vulnerable consumers or families at risk of exclusion).
- Do not exceed the maximum consumption of 4,140 kWh per year and the 345 kWh per month.
The documentation to request it
Since the bonus
social is processed by each electric trader, each one has a form
specific. But in general, the documentation to be presented will be:
- Social Bonus Form completed and signed by the entire family unit.
- Photocopy of the NIF or NIE of the owner of the point of light and of all the members of the family unit (including those over 14 with capacity to act and those under 14 who have it).
- Family book or certification of the individual sheet of the Civil Registry of each of the members of the family unit.
- Certificate of registration, individual or joint, of the owner and of all the members of the family unit.
- Photocopy of large family title in force.
- Photocopy of the last bill of the supplying company.
Today, the companies that can process the social bonus are:
- Endesa Energía XXI, S.L.U.
- Iberdrola Marketing of Last Resort, S.A.U.
- Regulated marketer, GAS & POWER, S.A.
- EDP Comercializadora de Último Recurso, S.A.
- Viesgo Comercializadora de referencia, S.L.
- CHC Reference Marketer S.L.U.
- Teramelcor, S.L. (only Melilla)
- Electric Lighting Company of Ceuta Comercialización de Referencia, S.A. (only Ceuta)
Other aids available