What it is, requirements and benefits

Contrato de formación y aprendizaje

One of the contracting modalities that is being promoted lately is the training and learning contract. This type of contract has several peculiarities and is not valid for everyone. Today, we bring you this post to learn a little more in depth the training contract.

Object of this type of contract

As stated in the SEPE website, the contract for training and learning aims at professional qualification of the workers, in a regime of alternation of paid work in a company, with training received in the framework of the vocational training system for employment or the education system.

Its an instrument aimed at favoring the labor insertion of young people and its final objective is the professional qualification of the workers. The training activity is received within the framework of either the vocational training system for employment (Certificates of professionalism) or the education system (Vocational Training Certificate).

This means that the training and learning contract is a work modality through which part of your workday is dedicated to work, but another part consists of training. So, a few days a week you will have to go to do the training. And that training is not a private training, but at the end of your training contract you can obtain a degree or certificate of professionalism or professional training. That is, a title with real validity at national and European level.

Who is the training and learning contract for?

To be able to access a training contract, you must be between 16 and 25 years old, because most of the beneficiaries will be young people who are within the Youth Guarantee system. Although in the case of people with disabilities, groups of social exclusion in insertion companies and students of Schools-Workshop, Occupation Houses, Employment Workshops and Employment-Training Programs, there will be no age limit. And of course, you do not have to have a professional qualification to be able to perform the work for which you are hired. Remember that the fundamental objective is that the person acquires the necessary skills and knowledge while doing the job: the level of demand must be consistent with this objective.

Special features of the training contract

As we pointed out, this contract combines training and work. To do this, the organization of the times is clearly structured. Therefore, the duration minimum of the contract will be one year, the maximum of three, to allow time to perform the training linked to it. The working day It will be distributed between work activity and training activity. The first year, 75% of the day will be work and the remaining 25% will be training. During the second and third year, 85% of the workday will be work, the remaining 15% will be training.

The training can be done so much face-to-face as distance. Before initiating the contract, a training agreement will be signed specifying the degree or qualifications that will be obtained, how the training will be carried out, the study center that will provide it, the days and hours that the worker must go, etc.

Many people have many doubts regarding salary. The salary in the training contract can not be less than the Minimum Interprofessional Salary (SMI) in proportion to the actual work time. That is, if I work effectively 75% of the day, the salary will be 75% of the mark by agreement according to the professional sector. For a salary of € 1,000 per month, I will charge € 750 per month.

Training and learning contract

Benefits for the worker

The training and learning contract has multiple benefits for workers. The first one is obtaining the professional qualification, do not forget that no degree or experience is required to access it, both of the requirements that usually make it difficult for young people to access job offers. It is a great opportunity for young people to enter the labor market. On the other hand, let's not forget that quoted to unemployment. This means that once you have finished it, you are entitled to your benefit, as with any other contract. Another benefit is the duration of the same. Temporality today is very big, and getting the opportunity to have a one-year contract is something to consider.

Benefits for the company

For the company there are also Various types of benefits: bonuses to social security contributions, financing of training, etc. But let's not forget that a great benefit is also being able to access young people who want to work and learn, which is a great opportunity to expand the company's workforce.

Undoubtedly, a contracting modality with great benefits for young people and for companies.

Links of interest:

Forum Aids and Subsidies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *