Work in Quebec Canada during your studies – Scholarship

International Student: Student Work in Quebec Canada.
During your studies, as a foreign student, you have access to some job opportunities on and off campus.

For example, you can do unpaid work for the purpose of having work experience, such as an internship, internship, or practical work normally done by a student.

What does it take to work legally in Canada? – International Students: Working in Quebec Canada during your studies

To work legally in Canada you must have:

  • that is Canadian citizenship;
  • the status of permanent resident;
  • either a work permit (PT), or a PT exemption provided by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and to respect the conditions;


  • in all cases, you also need a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Working in Canada also involves paying taxes to the provincial government and the Government of Canada.

You must therefore inquire about the work authorizations, NAS, and on taxes.

Types of work authorizations are available to international students

On-campus and off-campus employment (PT waiver)

International students are allowed to work on campus and off the campus of the University of Montreal, even if the job is not related to their studies, without having to apply for a work permit (PT). This is what is meant by a "PT waiver". However, you must ensure that you meet the criteria for working on campus.

Mandatory internship – work permit for cooperative internship

The internship work permit is also known as a coop work permit or PT-C32. As an indication, the C32 refers to a code used by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to indicate that this permit is exempt from obtaining a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) prior to its issue.

The PT-C32 is a document that entitles the holder to work in Canada in a job that is recognized as compulsory internship.

Student Spouse

Under certain conditions, your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for a open work permit

Post Views:

You wish to study abroad but you do not know how? where to start ?, how to get a scholarship ?, who to contact ?, how to register ?, how to get a visa? in which school to register ?, etc., The answers to all your questions to study abroad are in the guide to study abroad. Click here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *